Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Weighty Wednesday- What Just Happened?

I have had so many people I know come up and ask me what I am doing to get so thin and commenting on how great I look. As you may have noticed from the sporadic posts, the answer to that question is basically "Nothing."

I walk to and from the school several times a day, totalling near 3 miles, but that is the extent of my exercise. I eat pretty much whatever I feel like eating and NEVER skip dessert whenever it is offered (seriously, it's a disease). So, why on earth do people keep commenting that I look great?

After noticing that my favorite pair of jeans was constantly loose and the zipper was always falling down, I started to believe them and pulled out my box of clothes that has been hiding and gathering dust in the back of my closet (seriously, I forgot some of those clothes still existed it has been back there for so long) and guess what?? They FIT! I have a little muffin top in the front on a few pairs of jeans and my boobs are still bigger than ever before, but I am a size-freaking-SIX! What?!? (should I really be complaining?)

I have come to the conclusion that this is my blessing from Heavenly Father that my body bounces back after childbirth. It happened with Worf and Data as well, but since I was 30 pounds heavier with Geordi, I assumed that I would just go back to that. Not all the way back to "tiny."

Since my clothes magically fit (including my old high school Prom dresses. Nice huh?) I figured I should probably weigh in and find out where I am on my goals. So, here we are:

Waist: 27.5
Hips: 38.5
Weight: 132
Body Fat: 29%

Looks like I have lost 2.5 inches on my waist (only 1.5 left to go!), maintained my hips (2.5 inches left there), lost 8 lbs (12 lbs to goal weight!!) and dropped 3% fat. Since ideal is somewhere between 21 and 24%, I think I will shoot for losing another 5% (I like my curves) but will hold off at 29% because I am still nursing.

So yea! It's progress. I can't even imagine what I'd look like if I had kept up with the P90X routine for the last 5 months. I think I will still pick it up, but AFTER I done nursing Geordi. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment