Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Miscellaneous Monday- Gratitude

It is November and FINALLY starting to feel like Autumn. As with most people, as November rolls around and the sugar high wears off from Halloween, my mind starts to wander towards Thanksgiving.

I feel that this holiday is terribly underrated, shoved between two highly commercialized popular holidays. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Christmas (and yes, I start wanting to decorate as soon as Halloween is over), but I think that most people are too quick to focus on getting costumes ready and presents purchased and don't stop to think about Thanksgiving apart from how big of a dinner to plan.
I, on the other hand, have come to love this month and the holiday associated. I have been through a lot over the past few years and it has made me incredibly grateful for what I have, no matter how small. And the best part? The more you are thankful for the small things, the more you start to notice significant things that you may have not realized were that wonderful.

In addition, I really feel that spending an entire month focusing so much on gratitude helps me prepare for Christmas even more and really zero in on what Christmas is about. So, to go along with what several of my friends do every year, I will be posting one thing every day that I am grateful for.

Day 1: Today I am grateful for good friends. I have been sick the past couple of days, only to have Riker and Geordi come down with something as well. This morning, Worf started feeling icky too. Just a quick hello from a friend turned into a full blown dinner to help take care of my family. It is amazing to have friends that are willing to help you out even when they are dealing with their own sick kiddos.

No comments:

Post a Comment