Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Insanity-Day1

So, I have decided that I am going to give the Insanity workout a try. A friend of mine just finished the Insanity: Asylum workout, which is the next step up, so I figured I could at least give the original a try.
I decided to try it over trying P90X again for 3 reasons: 1) it is only 60 days instead if 90 (summer break starts in less than 50), 2) there isn't any equipment needed and 3)they say you can get awesome abs without getting on the floor. Ab Ripper X is a killer workout, but is just a bit much for me. (FYI, I made it through 2 weeks of P90X before I stopped. Yes, it was hard. Yes, I noticed a definite improvement in that time. And No, I did not do it all 14 days.)

Today's "workout" was just a fitness test. You take all your measurements and then you do the test circuit where you try to do as many of the specific exercise as you can in just one minute. Now, I always thought that while I'm not in peak shape, or even my best shape, that I was at least in moderately decent shape. So that is the mindset I had when starting my fit test; I may not get as many as the people on the video, but it won't be too bad.

... Boy was I wrong. I finished the 25 min "test" laying on my floor, drowning in a puddle of my own sweat, and screaming "dear mother-- what was that?!?" Yeah...

And then I promptly polished off every last peanut M&M in my kid's Easter baskets (I have to get it out of the house somehow... right?)

Amazingly, I wasn't too sore. Just very very tired. If this is how the rest of the videos are, I am going to die!! But, I am determined to not be fat and lazy anymore. So, here are my results: (I would post a picture, but it was blurry and didn't really look any different from day 1 of P90X)


Measurements
Weight 137.5
BMI 25.1
Body Fat % 32
Neck 13.25
Chest 34
Waist 31
Hips 39
Right Thigh 23
Left Thigh 22.5
Right Calf 13.5
Left Calf 13.5
Right Bicep 11.25
Left Bicep 11.5
Right Forearm 9.5
Left Forearm 9.5

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I have Insanity and plan to start it as soon as my arm is 100% (currently in a sling, pinched nerve) . I did 2 days of it last year right before coming down with the flu then found one excuse after another not to get back to it. I know it's going to kick my butt! But, my butt needs kicking :)

    PS I replied to your question about cutting sandwich shapes, on my blog - comments on older posts need to be approved and I didn't notice it waiting there - sorry!

    ReplyDelete