Wednesday, August 8, 2012

And So It Begins

Today was the first day of school for Data, Worf and Tasha. (yes, our school district starts retardedly early)
Poor kids all have their eyes closed. The sun was brutal this morning.

 The kids were all super excited for school this year. It was all they could talk about for DAYS. They each got the teachers that they wanted and new backpacks. Honestly, I was nearly as excited as they were.

See? He CAN smile :)
He looks SO sad! But, really it was just the sun.
 
Now, I know that my birthday was just a couple of days ago, but I am NOT old enough to have a kid entering FOURTH grade! (I still REMEMBER fourth grade!) They are all growing up SO fast! I am so excited for Data this year. It was one of my favorite years in elementary.


She at least makes the eyes closed look intentional!
Tasha moves into 3rd grade this year with the same teacher that Data had last year. She is pretty happy about that since she knows what to expect from the class this year. It is nice for me as a parent too, since I already have a good repertoire with the teacher.

My baby is all grown up!
 
Worf is in 2nd grade! (Where has the time gone?!?) He is getting a teacher that neither of his siblings have had before, but that we have heard good things about, so here's hoping. The afternoon teacher is one that Data had for 1st grade, and is the mother of one of Worf's classmates, so that should be a little more familiar for him.

Here is to a GREAT school year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment