Sunday, August 5, 2012

It's my birthday...

Shirt from my sis. She knows me too well :)
They say that "today is the first day of the rest of your life." For me that was never truer than it is today. Today will be the last time that I age. I turn 29 and will stay 29 forever! (mwahaha)

No, seriously, today is my birthday, and I have to admit, it has been a pretty great day. My wonderful husband got me a gift card and a custom tulip bouquet (they lasted longer with our plant-eating cats than the last 2 rose bouquets did!), kids all made me some absolutely wonderful birthday cards (complete with what I thought were a ridiculous number of candles, until Data informed me that he had counted them all twice and there were exactly 29....), I had an amazing buffalo chicken and blue cheese wrap for dinner, and I got spoiled rotten. I even made a rhubarb pie for dessert:
And then I blew out the candles :/
That's a whole lot of wax on my pie.... I even had some candles that had burned all the way down and scorched the crust (the black spot in the upper left corner). I guess that's what you get when you get "old" lol.

I am really excited to see what my last year of my 20s has to offer. It's been quite the bumpy road so far, but I am totally happy with where I am. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment