Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Homemade Peanut Butter

I have a confession to make: I LOVE Alton Brown. I think he is funny and he has so many great food tips. If you don't know who he is, you should definitely watch this (or at least the first 2:22):


I have yet to have a single AB recipe let me down. The best thing about Alton is that he heavily promotes making everything yourself. And I mean everything! In fact, my mayo recipe is based off of his recipe. Now, I am going to share with you my adaptation of his peanut butter recipe.

  • 16 ounces shelled and skinned peanuts, raw or roasted
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons honey

Place the peanuts into the bowl of a food processor. Process for 1 minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Place the lid back on and continue to processuntil the mixture is smooth, 2-4 minutes. Stir in honey. Place the peanut butter in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 months. 

The best part about making your own peanut butter, you can flavor it however you'd like. Plus, you can use this same method to make almond butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment